|Chettinad Muttai Paniyaram|
Idli-Dosai maavu / Idli-Dosa Batter - 1 cup
Egg – 1 number
Turmeric powder – less than ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Salt – generous pinch
Oil as needed to grease paniyarm pan
|Chettinad Egg Paniyaram|
1. Whisk egg with 1 tsp water, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
2. Add the whisked egg to the dosa batter and mix gently( the batter should not be too thin or too thick).
3. Place paniyaram pan( chatti) on gas stove and grease each hole with oil.
4. Take egg paniyaram batter in tablespoon and drop into each paniyaram hole.
5. Cook paniyaram on medium heat, when one side is done flip paniyaram with a paniyaram stick or spoon to the other side and cook until golden brown.
6. Serve Muttai Paniyaram with Varamilagai Chutney.
1. This very easy to make and my little kid likes it a lot, its perfect for lunch box.
2. Since I don’t have a paniyaram chatti or gas stove in Sydney, I used a cake pop maker to make these paniyaram. If you use paniyaram chatty on gas stove the paniyaram will be crispy outside.
3. You can also add chopped and sauté onion, green chilies, curry leaves and mustard tempering to egg paniyaram batter if making for adults.
|Muttai Paniyaram with Varamilagai Chutney|