|Chettinad Masala Cheeyam Recipe|
Javvarisi / Sago - handful
Small onions / Shallots (chopped) – 10 nos
Green chilli ( chopped) – 3 to 4 nos
Curry leaves - few
Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Urad dal – 1 tsp
Turmeric - pinch
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Prepare the seeyam batter from here“Seeyam Batter recipe”
2. Soak javvarisi in water for 15 minutes, drain & squeeze well and set aside.
3. Add chopped onion, green chilli, grated coconut, javvarisi, turmeric and required salt to prepared seeyam batter.
4. Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. When mustard splutters add this tempering to the seeyam batter and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a kadai to deep fry, drop the seeyam batter like small bondas into hot oil, fry until golden in color.
6. Serve hot with Rojapoo Chutney or Coconut chutney
|Masala Seeyam Recipe|