|Chettinad Kuzhi Paniyaram|
Raw Ponni rice - 250 gms
Par boiled rice - 250 gms
Urad dal - 150 gms
Thick Coconut milk - 1 cup
Cooking soda - few pinch
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Whole dry chillies - 6 nos
Curry leaves chopped - few
1. Soak both rice and dal together in enough water for 3 hours.
2. Grind it to coarse and thick batter, add required salt to batter mix well and let it stand covered overnight like Idli batter.
3. On the next day prepare tempering by frying mustard seeds, red chilli and curry leaves in 2 tsp oil.
4. Add coconut milk, cooking soda and prepared tempering to the fermented batter and mix well.
5. Make kuzhi paniyaram with paniyaram pan ( called paniyaram satti in Tamil) using paniyaram batter.
Serve hot paniyaram with varamilagai chutney / red chilli chutney.
|Kara Kuzhi Paniyaram|